MAGNET-SCHULTZ OF AMERICA INTRODUCES
Hazardous-Location and Explosion Proof Electro-Hydraulic
Solenoid Coils with Worldwide Approvals
June 28, 2016 – Westmont, IL — Magnet-Schultz of America, Inc. (MSA), a leading innovator and manufacturer of solenoids, electromagnetic devices, and value added assemblies, introduces a family of electro-hydraulic coils which are certified for worldwide use in hazardous locations (gas and dust atmospheres) and in environments that demand explosion proof capabilities.
Called HAZ-LOC®, this family of coils has the unique capability of being able to mount on multiple manufacturer’s hydraulic tubes (with diameters of either 13mm, 16mm, 19mm or 22mm).
Each coil incorporates a junction box for electrical connection, and is certified for use in either 40° C or 80° C maximum ambient temperatures.
Every HAZ-LOC® coil provides compliance with all of the following governing standards:
United States of America
- GAS: Class I (Division 1) Group A, B, C, D, T4
- DUST: Class II & III (Division 1) Group E, F, G, T4
- GAS: Class 1 (Zone 1) AEx d IIC Gb T4
- DUST: Class II (Zone 21) AEx tb IIIC Db T4
- GAS: Ex d IIC T4 Gb T4
- DUST: Ex tb IIIC Db T4 (Zone 21)
- GAS: II 2 G | Ex d IIC T4 Gb (Zone 1)
- DUST: II 2 D | Ex tb IIIC T135 Db (Zone 21)
International (excluding above locations)
- GAS: Ex d IIC T4 GB
- DUST: Ex Tb IIIC T135 Db
T4 in all above standards indicates the maximum surface temperature limitation of 135° C.
- Oil and gas exploration, production and transportation
- Bulk material storage and handling such as:
- Grain Elevators, Loading Docks, and Ships
- Coal & Fertilizer Handling Facilities
- Saw Mills, and Wood Cutting Facilities
- Mobile equipment used in hazardous locations and potentially explosive environments
- Industrial and chemical processing facilities which involve volatile liquids and/or dust
- Length: 95.3mm (3.75“)
- Width: 50.8mm (2”)
- 40mm (for a 13mm diameter tube)
- 50mm (for a 16mm diameter tube)
- 60mm (for 19mm and 22mm tube diameters)
- Corrosion Protection:
- Electroplated Zinc-Nickel with Trivalent Chromate
- Meets Salt Fog requirements in accordance with ASTM B-117, 5% salt solution
- Exceeds AMS 2417: 1000 hrs to white rust, 1500 hrs to red rust
- Environmental Protection: IP65, NEMA 4X
- RoHS Compliant
- Standard Voltages: 12 & 24 VDC, 120 & 240 VAC
- Inlet Thread: ½” NPT Conduit, or M20x1.5 Cable Gland
- Internal Thermal Classification: Class H, Double Insulated Magnet Wire
- Ambient Temperatures: -40° C to 40° C or -40° C to 80° C
Magnet-Schultz of America, Inc. is a subsidiary of Magnet-Schultz Worldwide, the world’s largest independent manufacturer of high quality solenoids and electromagnetic products.
Utilizing HAZ-LOC® coils, MSA can also provide complete electro-hydraulic tube and coil assemblies.
For additional information concerning the HAZ-LOC® family of products, please visit www.Magnet-SchultzAmerica.com, and/or contact MSA directly at 630-789-0600.
Download: MSA HAZ-LOC® Brochure