Our Past, Present, and Future
Magnet-Schultz of America, Inc. (MSA) has been in business in the Chicago area since 1955. Known originally as Regdon Solenoid, the company was acquired in 1987 by Magnet-Schultz Memmingen (MSM) in Germany. MSM has been in business since 1912, and with more than 2,700 global team members, MSM is the world’s largest independent solenoid and electromagnetic device manufacturer.
Since becoming part of the Magnet-Schultz Group, MSA has expanded operations to over 140 team members and is now located in a 42,000 square-foot facility in Westmont, Illinois, 22 miles west of downtown Chicago.
MSA’s focus on developing cutting-edge electromechanical and electrohydraulic solutions has made the company a premier supplier in a range of industries including medical, agricultural, automotive and security. MSA also takes pride as in the fact that they have held their ISO 9001 registration for two decades.
MSA’s collaborative, innovative approach toward problem solving, coupled with their desire to solve difficult design challenges is why customers return to MSA project after project!