HISTORY

HISTORY

Magnet-Schultz of America (MSA) has been in business in the Chicago area since 1955. Known originally as Regdon Solenoid, the company was acquired in 1987 by Magnet-Schultz Memmingen (MSM) in Germany. MSM has been in business since 1912, and with more than 2,000 employees, MSM is the world’s largest independent Solenoid manufacturer and maker of Electromagnetic products.

Since becoming part of Magnet-Schultz Worldwide, Magnet-Schultz of America has expanded operations to over 100 employees and is now located in a 47,000 square-foot facility in Westmont, Illinois, 22 miles west of downtown Chicago.

Magnet-Schultz of America, Inc. takes pride in the fact that we have been ISO 9001 certified since 2000, with the most recent re-certification to the new ISO 9001: 2008 level completed in March of 2013.

Lean manufacturing and vertical integration provide MSA with the flexibility to manufacture Solenoids and Electromagnetic devices to meet ever-changing technical and commercial requirements, and provide total-customer service.

MSA’s collaborative, innovative approach toward problem solving, coupled with our willingness to take on difficult design challenges is why customers return to MSA, project after project.

To achieve maximum performance, safety and overall mutual success in challenging applications, we ask our customers to participate in defining application-specific performance and testing criteria. Ultimately, we rely on the customer’s qualification and testing process to ensure that MSA’s products meet all requirements of their application.